Saturday, August 7, 2010

I Found A New Love and His Name Is "Vingenzos" My Review



I know you're wondering how this has anything to do with relationships and dating, and most of all why am I writing about Vingenzos on my relationship blog? Well I'm in love with this place and it's also a great place to take a date, so there you have it.The other day I was watching Good Day Atlanta on Fox Five road warrior segment. The news reporter was highlighting a restaurant which I'd never heard of called "Vingenzos." Clip from show: http://tinyurl.com/27ccka3


I immediately took an interest because I told myself I'm going to start being more adventurous.What I loved about this place was the fresh food that comes straight from the garden and farm to the table, no prepackaged food shipped in. I was very much interested in trying it out especially after I saw the pictures of the meals on camera. It looked beautiful and I wanted some right then and there. The next day I told one of my good friends about it  and we decided to take a road trip all the way to Woodstock, where this restaurant is located. Directions: http://tinyurl.com/26sggak


When we got there we were met with a very nice, clean, classy (not over the top) warm down home place. I also noticed the chef walking around personally getting peoples feedback about the food. Not to mention he was featured on the actual segment on Good Day Atlanta. Our waitress "Bree" was outstanding! She pleasantly described the food and what we'd expect from each dish we inquired about, impressive.

I decided to start off with a salad so I chose the "Insalata Mediterranea"  which has Spinach,Roma Tomatoes, Cerignola Green Olives, Red Onions and Oregano topped with a Balsamic Vinagrette . It was so good and I actually cleaned the plate.

I then decided to try the pizza and ordered whats called the "Regina" it comes with San Marzano Tomato Sauce, Latte Fresco Mozzarella, House Made Sausage, and Wild Mushrooms and Basil. I felt like I was in heaven from the first bite you can just taste the freshness and the richness of the dishes.

Wow! Is all I can say this trip was so far very worth it. Not to mention the chef came over to our table to personally brag about how he made every single recipe himself and how he just knows that no one can top him. I loved his confidence. He dared us to try dessert. So I wanted something different for dessert. And Bree our waitress was excellent she knew every dessert detail by hard and was able to sell us on this "Torta Caprese" it's a Flourless Chocolate Almond Cake. Hmmm Flourless? I tried it and it melted in my mouth. It was so original like nothing I every tasted, little bits of almond chips. Soft and easy to eat and the chocolate. OMG it was immaculate!Chef even threw in one of his House Made Gelatos which complimented the cake well. I don't know why he just gave it to us. ( I think he liked me!) LOL

I had the best time and I can honestly say if you're looking for some outstanding food that's fresh and excellent service,  "Venginzos" is the place for you I highly recommend this place. The service and food and environment is great and not to mention the managers walk around and hand deliver plates to customers as well. Talk about great, outstanding, and awesome, they get it! See me and chef below.Go visit them!




Tinzley Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment