Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Today I smiled and laughed when I really felt like crying....

Today was a tough day for me. I received some news that was kind of disheartening and left me feeling blank and empty. I mean it was good news for the person, but wow did it hurt. I sat there and joked and laughed and continued to try to make the issue seem to not have had an impact on me, but it did.

The good I see in this is, I smiled and made my dear friend feel happy even when I felt like breaking down and crying. I made him smile and let him know he's still cool with me, even though my heart was crushed and my feelings were hurt. I cracked jokes to calm the room from tension even though I felt over looked and unappreciated. Even now, there are tears in my eyes as I write this, there is a pain in my heart as I cross each  t and dot each i. I ask myself, "what do I gotta do?" Yet I still have no answers for myself.

It's tough being strong for someone else, just so they won't feel the pinch of tension and frustration while their trying to enjoy "their" moment.They say,"never let em see you sweat." If only they could see me now. Maybe I'm too sensitive or maybe, just maybe, I'm just human.

"There's hope, it doesn't cost a thing to smile, and you don't have to pay to laugh. You better thank God for that." ( Arie 2008 )

Tinzley Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment